Wednesday 15 October 2014

Luis Suarez presented with Golden Boot by Kenny Dalglish.

Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has been presented with the Golden Shoe trophy by his former Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish at a ceremony in the Spanish city.

Suarez receives the award having finished last season - along with Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo - as scorer of the most league goals in Europe.
The pair both scored 31 times, Suarez's goals being in Liverpool colours before his summer switch to Barca.
The Uruguay international, 27, said on receiving the trophy from Dalglish, who he reportedly had specifically requested be involved in the ceremony: "I want to thank all the most important people in my life, my wife and my children.

"And of course everyone at Liverpool - all my colleagues, not just last year but over the whole three-and-a-half years I was at the club.
"They were spectacular years and it was thanks to this man here (Dalglish) that they signed me, that they noticed me.
"Now I am moving on to a new period, and I have to enjoy this next stage of my life - it is a dream come true."
Source: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment