Monday 13 October 2014

Jose Mourinho Claims He Turned Down PSG Twice.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has revealed he rejected two approaches from Paris Saint-Germain to become the French club's coach.
Mourinho, who returned for a second spell as Chelsea manager in the summer of 2013, claims he was offered the chance twice to take charge of the French club before and after former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti's arrival and subsequent departure.
The Portuguese claims he considered the offers, but decided to stay at Real Madrid at the time of the first offer, while he decided to return to Chelsea when the second offer came about.
"I knew about the project (at PSG) even before it began. I was Leonardo’s first choice (ahead of Ancelotti)," Mourinho told French football programme Telefoot
"And when Carlo left (in 2013), they made me another offer. I have rejected them twice. 

"I thought a lot about it. But the first time, there was Real Madrid and the second time there was Chelsea."
"I want to stay at Chelsea for as many years as possible. I have no other project than managing at Chelsea where I want to be."
Mourinho also played down talk linking him with a move to be reunited with Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane at Chelsea.
Varane has been constantly linked with a move to Chelsea with Mourinho a huge fan of the Frenchman having signed him during his time in charge of Real Madrid.
However, Mourinho insists he is not planning any moves for the 21-year-old as he expects him to stay in Madrid.
"I am talking about Rafa because I know he is a Real Madrid player, he will stay and even signed a new contract," added Mourinho.
"There is no gap for any speculation."
http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/9515547/Premier-League-Jose-Mourinho-claims-he-turned-down-Paris-Saint-Germain-job-twice

No comments:

Post a Comment