Thursday 30 October 2014

Chelsea's £50m flop Fernando Torres REVEALS why he left Stamford Bridge for AC Milan

The Spanish international had become accustomed to being the talisman for each of his previous clubs, but couldn't sit idly by and watch Diego Costa eclipse him in West London.
Rumours surfaced around the time Torres left Chelsea claiming Jose Mourinho forced him out, but the 30-year-old roundly rejected such claims.
He said: "Mourinho has always been good to me. The decision to leave was a personal one because I needed more, I needed to feel important.
"Mourinho and I have a good relationship and still today we continue to talk to each other."
Torres has subsequently been linked with a move to join former manager Roberto Di Matteo at Schalke.
But dismissed any speculation over a return to the Vicente Calderon, and vowed a switch was never an option.
"There wasn’t a real option to return. They speculated with it and I didn’t like that. I’ve said it many times, I won’t go to Atletico to retire.
"I will go if I have motivation to compete because the Atletico of today is very different than when I was there. I follow them every weekend. It [returning] is an option that isn’t real."
Source: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment